New Holiday Shaker Cards from Stampin’ Up!
I just finished the last Shaker Card Class this weekend and my customers had a great time creating the new Holiday Shaker Cards from Stampin’ Up!
The “To You & Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit” is only $24 (item #139647) and includes supplies for 18 fabulous shaker cards! The “To You & Yours Too” stamp set is recommended (#139819 $16) but I substituted different greetings and die-cuts for mine.
The project kit includes all of the following items:
- White die-cut card fronts (6 each of 3 designs)
- Envelopes (18)
- Printed foil card bases (6 each of 3 designs)
- Window Sheets (18)
- “Joy” and “Merry & Bright” word stickers (6 each and in 3 different languages)
- Stickers (6 each gold foil stars, green Christmas trees and green circles)
- Sticker sheet of tiny gold stars
- Red Metallic Baker’s Twine
- Star sequins (gold and silver, various sizes)
- Circle sequins (red, green and gold, various sizes)
- Chunky clear glitter
- Dimensionals Ahesive strips
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here are just a few of the Holiday Shaker Cards I assembled:
I added the star sequins with Glue Dots and the new Fine-Tip Glue Pen (#138309 $7) for the smaller ones. The stars hanging from the Baker’s Twine are glue back-to-back with Glue Dots.
I used the “Peaceful Pines” stamp set for my tree and die-cut the tree base with Gold Foil Sheets and the “Perfect Pines Framelits” die. The sequins are added to the front of the window sheet with Glue Dots but you could also add them to the stamped image. I also die-cut the front piece smaller so more of the card base showed.
The greeting is from the “Snow Place” stamp set (#139738 $26).
The ornament topper is die-cut from Silver Foil Sheet with the “Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies” and the tope piece is trimmed smaller too.
I added the “JOY” sticker to some of the ornaments but not all.
I sponged the tree background on some of the trees too.
There are directions included in the kit but here are some basic things to remember:
- If you are going to have a stamped greeting, stamp it on the die-cut layer first. Then if you mess up, you can turn it over and stamp on the other side 🙂
- Add the outline sticker. Be careful when removing the stickers, bend the sheet so the edge pops up and pull up gently. Use the chipboard that comes in the kit (it’s a grayish color) as your work surface, it helps to see the edges of the white cardstock better than if you’re working on the white Grid Paper.
- On the back side, add adhesive around the opening and layer the window sheet.
- Build the “wall” with the Dimensional Strips around the opening. Do not get too close to the opening or it may show from the front. Make sure the Dimensional pieces are touching and there are no gaps. MOST IMPORTANT with the tiny chunky glitter!
- On the ornament and star cards, add the shaker pieces in the center (1/2 teaspoon seems to be a good amount).
- Remove the adhesive backing, add the white cardstock piece to seal it all together.
- Add Dimensional Strips to the top and bottom, layer to the front of your card.
- With the tree cards, you’ll add a pile of the Chunky Glitter on top of the stamped image and then you’ll add the die-cut piece (with the window sheet and “wall” of Dimensionals) on top so you can line up the image.
You can also watch a video tutorial for a couple of the cards from the kit at my Keenan Kreations YouTube channel.
Once you understand how the shaker part is assembled, you’ll see how easy it is to modify the cards and mix up the backgrounds and other elements. I hope you enjoyed these cards and will be inspired to create your own using the new Holiday Shaker Cards kit from Stampin’ Up!