Create a fun background for your cards!
Have you ever wanted to create a unique and fun background for your cards? Try this technique using inked embossing folders for a one of a kind look that will give you slight variations each time.
- Stamps: Beautiful Bunch, Label Love
- Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Versamark
- Paper: Lost Lagoon(5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″), Blackberry Bliss (4″ x 5 1/4″), Whisper White (3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″)
- Accessories: Fun Flower punch, Artisan Label punch, 7/8″ Scallop Circle punch, Beautiful Baroque Embossing Folder, Sponge Daubers, Lost Lagoon 3/8″ Satin Stitched ribbon, Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
The flower is stamp two times in Blackberry Bliss on scrap Whisper White cardstock and then punched out with the Fun Flower punch. I used a Bone folder to slightly curl the edges and popped up the different layers with Dimensionals being careful to slightly offset the petals to create a fuller flower. I stamped the flower again in Lost Lagoon for the center piece and punched it out with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle punch. The greeting is also stamped in Blackberry Bliss on Whisper White cardstock and punched with the Artisan Label punch.
You can find the directions for creating the fun background for this card on my Keenan Kreations YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZGTHg7dJEc&feature=youtu.be
but I’ll also provide the basic directions here:
- Use Sponge Daubers to pat the inks (Blackberry Bliss and Lost Lagoon) directly to one side of the Beautiful Baroque Embossing Folder
- Carefully lay the Whisper White cardstock to the uninked side of the Embossing Folder
- Close the embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot
- Use the Sponge Daubers to lightly rub ink across the embossed cardstock to deepen the colors and highlight the embossed images
- Cover the entire embossed cardstock with Versamark ink
- Emboss with Clear Embossing powder and the Heat Tool
This card is the same except the flower and greeting are embossed with Clear Embossing Powder on Blackberry Bliss and Lost Lagoon cardstock. I’m not sure if I prefer the lighter or darker flower and greeting but most of my customers like the lighter version.
Please leave me a comment below if you enjoyed this card using a fun background that you can easily create with a little sponging and embossing 🙂