Easy Easter Treat Holder
You will not believe how much fun you will have creating this pretty quick and easy Easter treat holder!
This is a different take on the “sour cream containers” I’ve posted previously at http://www.keenankreations.com//?s=sour+cream+container&x=0&y=0 but the idea is basically the same.
Here are the step by step instructions with pictures 🙂
1) Start with 4″ x 6″ piece of pattern paper and add Sticky Strip to a short and long side on the back.
2) Remove the Sticky Strip and adhere the long sides together first to form a tube. I used 4 markers bundled together with tape to help curve the paper and help wrap one side over the other – just make sure the markers don’t stick to the Sticky Strip on the short end.
3) Remove the marker bundle and close the end that has the Sticky Strip. Try to have the overlapped edge near the end so you’re not folding on the bulky part.
4) Fold the open end (without Sticky Strip) in the opposite direction of the closed end (with Sticky Strip).
5) Fold the corners of the open end to begin forming the top of the carrot.
6) Unfold the bent corners, open up the tube a bit and tuck in the corners by pushing in the middle fold.
7) Punch a hole in the open end and then fill with Hershey’s chocolate eggs (I could get in 6).
8) Add ribbon (2 pieces about 10″ long).
9) Wrap the ribbon around itself to tie a knot at the top. Stamp your greeting, punch it out and add it to the front with Dimensionals.
10) Another way to add the ribbon is to poke a hole through the carrot and the ribbons and secure with a brad.
Here’s the list of supplies for this easy Easter treat holder:
- Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Ink: Pumpkin Pie or Gumball Green
- Paper: Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper, Whisper White
- Accessories: Sticky Strip, Lg Oval Punch, brads, Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon (or Lucky Limeade Ruffled Edge ribbon – retired), Dimensionals, Crop-a-dile (or other hole punch), Hershey’s chocolate eggs
I’ll be adding a video tutorial later today or tomorrow on my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/KeenanKreations. If you haven’t already, please subscribe and share any videos you like with your stamping friends 🙂
We live on a small court and are very fortunate to have some of the nicest neighbors. I’ll be making some of these easy Easter treat holders for the neighbor kids when they have their egg hunt next weekend 🙂