Clean and Simple Cards
I recently received this beautiful card from one of my downline, Melanie, and LOVED the clean and simple look. Black is a great background to the beautiful fall colors of that leaf, right? She used the Square Framelits to die-cut the window opening and the greeting from the inside is framed perfectly.
I was inspired to create a similar clean and simple card with a few changes for my sister:
My card has a base of Pear Pizzazz cardstock but I still wanted a “pop” of black and added the Black Taffeta Ribbon at the bottom with the knot centered beneath the square window. The leaves from “Gently Falling” are stamped in Black Stazon on Whisper White cardstock and Sponge Daubers are used to add the fall colors: Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight. I trimmed the leaves leaving a little border around the edges and then covered them with Versamark and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool. The greeting from “A Dozen Thoughts” is stamped in Black Stazon on the inside and framed within the window die-cut with the Square Framelits.
Since the greeting is from “A Dozen Thoughts” I thought it would be fun to share a dozen tidbits about my sister Sybil:
1) She is the oldest of 7 children (I am the youngest)
2) Her last name is Presley and she lives in Memphis
3) She writes poetry, short stories and even raps
4) She had also acted in several movies
5) She got Minnie Pearl from the Grand Ole Opry to wish our mom a happy birthday
6) She recently auditioned for America’s Got Talent (stand up comedy 🙂
7) We can’t sleep in the same room or we stay up too late giggling like little girls
8) She was a terrible baby sitter and my brother and I crossed a busy street (we were both still in diapers) and walked down to Mobile bay (I think she was on the phone talking to a boy)
9) She still has a ridiculously thick head of hair that she got from our mom
10) She volunteers and lifts people’s spirits with her performances
11) She used to sing in coffee shops when she was younger and one customer paid her to stop
12) She has the biggest and kindest heart of anyone I know
I’m sure you have someone in your life that’s equally special so why not create a clean and simple card and let them know?!
Have a great day!