Curled Paper Wreath Tutorial
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial for the curled paper wreaths shown in an earlier post at http://www.keenankreations.com/2013/10/fun-halloween-projects.html. I made a Christmas one using the “Winter Frost” Designer Series Paper similar to the Halloween one:
1. Choose a wreath:
I chose a 12″ white styrofoam wreath. My “Winter Frost” designer series paper has white in it so if some of the wreath shows through, it’s OK. My friend Cali used a straw wreath for her Halloween one and I will use a green one when I create one using the Season of Style Designer Series Paper for a class next month.
2. Cut your paper (6 12″ x 12″ sheets) into 1″ x 12″ strips for a total of 72 strips
I used slightly more than 1/2 pack of the designer series papers as I tend to have “tight” curls but my friend Cali only used 1/3 of a pack so I think it you’re careful you can get two wreaths from each pack of Stampin’ Up!’s designer series papers.
3. Use your Bone folder to curl the paper from the middle out towards each end to create a double curl for each strip.
4. Sort your curls by pattern (this will make it easy to use the different papers more evenly across your wreath)
Most of the “Winter Frost” designer series paper is double-sided (the two foil ones are single-sided) and I kept to one pattern for each paper except the middle bottom row. I wanted to use some of the Smokey Slate color but not too much.
5. Use a Hot Glue Gun to add the curls to the front and sides of the styrofoam wreath. Leave a space to add ribbon before finishing completely.
6. Add your ribbon hanger. I used about 30″ of the White Organza Ribbon and tied a knot at one end. Working from the back, slip the ribbon under the wreath.
Pull the knotted end through the loop at the other end and tighten. the knot should be at the back of the wreath.
7. Turn the wreath over and finish adding the rest of the curls. Double check your wreath and tuck in additional curls where needed. You might find some spots just need a 1/2 curl, especially around the inside and outside edges of your wreath.
When you’re all finished, your completed wreath should look something like this:
Isn’t it pretty?! You can purchase the “Winter Frost” Designer Series Paper and other Stampin’ Up! products at my online store. Just click the “Order Online” link in the sidebar to the right or email me at email@example.com.
I hope you’ve found this tutorial helpful and will have fun creating your own Curled Paper Wreath using some of Stampin’ Up!’s beautiful designer series papers!